Labour is part of the problem, not the solution
Its rhetoric may be softer than the Tories’, but the party still puts profit before people. Left Unity offers a new voice
- The Guardian, Thursday 27 March 2014 18.03 GMT
- This is very probably the best short analysis of the so-called Left, not only in the UK, but here in Canada, as well , that I’ve seen in a long time….I have been reading recently about how grossly powerful the rich have become here, to the detriment of the majority..nothing new there, but now real estate is making cities like London (and Vancouver) all but unlivable for any but the well-off…
- Rather than write a synopsis of the article, I’m recommending that you go to the article and read it yourself..if for no other reason than to realize that what is happening here is happening elsewhere, and the rich are turning London into an impossible city for most average citizens, rather like Vancouver, which I escaped about 5 years ago, knowing that the same thing was happening, there…
- One of my favourite things to do is to go to Craigslist, and look up reasonable rentals in big cities, anywhere and everywhere..
- When you look at Vancouver, only the suburbs show up with anything like reasonable rents..and London (UK)
- Go look for yourself…
- I’ve been reading lots about Detroit too, and it’s haunting how many beautiful old houses, that would sell for far more than a million dollars here, are left to rot…perhaps a foretelling?
- I am finding that, increasingly, the NDP (our version of the Labour Party) is sidelining itself with personal attacks on petty grievances against the Cons, rather than representing us and the future of Labour..
- The Greens are as bad, despite their dedication to the environment, until they come up with even the skeleton of a realistic plan to both create green jobs and the means for protecting what little we have left, they offer us almost nothing…
- Loach speaks of the need too start small, and use community to build relationships that make sense, and not simply sell out to the first corporation that waves money at it…
- I don’t usually hold out much hope for the future, politically, because the big issues , the really important ones, get lost in all the rhetoric and distraction..but this article at least gave me some hope..
- Please read it and let mer know what you think…